Embedding ChatGPT | XM Community
Skip to main content
Question

Embedding ChatGPT

• 6 September 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello, I want to embed ChatGPT into a Qualtrics survey so that survey respondents can have a live conversation with ChatGPT in a survey. I am wondering if this might be possible via Qualtrics Live Chat (QCS) or another method. I am a premium ChatGPT subscriber and have access to the API. 

Does anyone have experience trying to accomplish this? Any suggestions on where to start are gladly welcomed. 

Thanks in advance.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @tspel12 

You can refer this for initial start This

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@tspel12 I don’t think a conversation is possible in the survey, there’s a flow in the survey and you don’t know how long is your conversation gonna go back and forth.

If you have access to API, I think you can slide some simple Ask&Answer with GPT via API inside the survey flow: Web Service (qualtrics.com). Not much of a conversation.

I’ve gone through the Social Connect traning & guide. QSC is more like a Social Listening/ Digital Customer Care I don’t think survey will kinda fit into it.

Let me know your thoughts

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

thanks @dxconnamnguyen ! This is very helpful. 

Badge +1

@tspel12 For a study I want to do the same. Did you manage to get it to work? And how?

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Looks like a very interesting setup, can somebody share the right guide of doing this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +39

@tspel12 

Embed ChatGPT in a survey | XM Community (qualtrics.com)

Badge

Hi ! This is very awesome , any news on this ? Or could someone share a thread or something ? Thanks !!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi - I integrated chatGPT into a qualtrics survey by creating a question with a bunch of javascript, and dynamically altering page properties.  The resulting conversation is stored as JSON in embedded data. I posted the code on another thread. You can also see a demo survey leveraging the technique here. Hopefully it’s helpful.

Badge

Hey all, does anyone know if it’s possible to “restrict” the ability to use ChatGPT in surveys by those that have premium accounts only? I work at a university and the only way we are able to use ChatGPT is with paid, premium accounts.

Leave a Reply