Javascript to set custom values torandomise within block | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi, 

Not sure if this is possible, but looking to set up randomisation in a block, but with a custom display %.

We currently have a block at the front of a survey that contains 2 questions, and 2 pieces of static information (research T&Cs and Privacy notice). The 2 questions are currently being randomised using the native block randomiser to display evenly to each respondent. In reality, we need Q1 to be shown to 80% of respondents, Q2 to 20%. Aware you can set custom values within the native randomiser, but these are based on counts and not %. Ideally looking for an unmonitored solution as this would be utilised across around 20 surveys. 

Not sure if the above is even possible with blocks, but thought I’d ask! 

Thanks

@Paul_Farrell I don’t have a way to do it within a block. But a workaround is you can put Q1 & Q2 in 2 different block and place 4 block Q1 and 1 block Q2 in a randomizer that present 1 out of 5. That will give you 80/20 ratio.
Hope this helps

@Paul_Farrell - You can use display logic instead of block randomization.  Set an embedded data field to show Q1 or Q2 and set the embedded data field in a survey flow randomizer with evenly present and Q1 set 4 times and Q2 set one time.

@TomG I can't believe a solution so simple escaped me. Thanks for suggesting, I think this is the best way forward. 

@Paul_Farrell - You can use display logic instead of block randomization.  Set an embedded data field to show Q1 or Q2 and set the embedded data field in a survey flow randomizer with evenly present and Q1 set 4 times and Q2 set one time.

@TomG Brilliant 👍

Leave a Reply