Side by side questions with one choice per row | XM Community
Skip to main content

I’m trying to create the table below where respondents can only select one option per row:

So for instance, in  row (1), they can either pick Option A (green checkbox) or Option B (blue checkbox), but not both. They repeat this for subsequent rows. 

How do I get about doing this? I tried doing side-by-side but it doesn’t let me put in the text under the columns (e.g. $25 $0). 

I think this would require JS on a matrix question rather than side by side. I would have hidden the checkbox of the column where we need text and put text using JS. Make the two visible checkbox column as mutually exclusive.

I think this would require JS on a matrix question rather than side by side. I would have hidden the checkbox of the column where we need text and put text using JS. Make the two visible checkbox column as mutually exclusive.

Thank you! Is there any sample code anywhere I can use for this? Also, how would you put the “Option A” text across the middle two columns on top?

Thank you! Is there any sample code anywhere I can use for this? Also, how would you put the “Option A” text across the middle two columns on top?

By adding custom row using JS.

By adding custom row using JS.

Thanks! Is there anywhere where I can look up the JS code for this?

Leave a Reply