Combine data from two (same) questions in single survey | XM Community
Solved

Combine data from two (same) questions in single survey

• 5 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have two identical questions in the same survey (Likelihood to Recommend on a 5 point scale). This was part of an A/B test where each question was in it’s own block and randomized.  Now I am trying to pull the combined Likelihood to Recommend into a CX Dashboard and I want to combine the two questions. (side note, there are about a dozen other surveys I’m tying in that ask the same questions and I’m trying to pull them ALL together for a holistic LTR).  When I’m in the dasboard, I see how I can pull in all the sources (surveys) but I can’t figure out how to combine the two LTR questions from the single source. I went back into the survey thinking I could Edit/Create a New Field, but I’m not having any luck there.  I was able to create a new variable in the Cross Tabs, but that variable doesn’t carry over to the dashbaords. :( Appreciate any advice!

icon

Best answer by Lelowe_COUNTRY 5 January 2024, 21:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

JUST as I hit save, I think I figured it out.  I made a “measure group” field in my CX dashboard and have 2 fields under that group.  By doing that, I can have one question as the first field, and the second question as the second.  I’ll write back if this works!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@Lelowe_COUNTRY looks like you have resolved it.  Otherwise the following contains a few other methods to try.  Combining Fields (qualtrics.com)

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks @ScottG 

Leave a Reply