Visualise purchases at different webshops | XM Community
Solved

Visualise purchases at different webshops

• 28 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi!

I have a multiple answer survey question about where someone has bought a product. The usual results are: this many people bought at shop A and this many at shop B etc. But what I also want to visualise in a graph (in a CX dashboard) is how many people shopped only in shop A, how many only in shop B and how many in both. Anyone know how to do this?

icon

Best answer by Sachin Nandikol 5 March 2024, 10:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @MarloesW

Please add a 'Bar chart' and map your multiple-choice question to it. Include data values as depicted in the screenshot below.

Additionally, enable 'Filters' in the chart. This way, whenever you select a particular bar (e.g., Shop A), the entire dashboard will automatically filter accordingly. This functionality extends to other options as well.

Let me know if this helps.

Badge +2

Thanks @Sachin Nandikol.

This is already helpful, but then I see the total of people that shopped at Shop A. What I want is in one graph:

• All people that purchased at shop A minus the people that purchased in both shop A and B.
  • The people that shopped in shop A and B
  • All people that purchased at shop B minus the people that purchased in both shop A and B.

I think I need a custom metric for that, but can't figure out exactly how the formula should look like.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @MarloesW 

You can implement this by adding a branch and setting up logic as follows: If "Shop A" is selected, add an embedded variable (e.g., "Shop A"). Repeat the same process for "Shop B" and another variable (e.g., "Shop B"). Map these two variables in your dashboard source. Then, you can use these variables to formulate expressions like the ones below:

1. All people who purchased at Shop A minus the people who purchased in both Shop A and B: Shop A - (Shop A + Shop B) ‘Shop A & Shop B are the varaiables name.
  2. The people who shopped in both Shop A and B: Shop A + Shop B
  3. All people who purchased at Shop B minus the people who purchased in both Shop A and B: Shop B - (Shop A + Shop B)

Let me know if this helps.

Badge +2

Yes, that worked. Thank you!

Leave a Reply