Having a filter setted up as default | XM Community
Solved

Having a filter setted up as default

• 12 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi 

I have an EX dashboard that has multiple data sources, i would like for all the users when they open the dashboard the have as default the latest data source in the filters.

is this possible?

and if so how?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by omkarkewat 27 February 2024, 05:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hey @Erikahuer

could you please explain what exactly you mean with the “latest data source”? If you are thinking e.g. about multiple pulse checks which are included in your dashboard but only the responses of the last pulse check should be taken into account, I do not think that there is an option to automatically have that. You would need to manually apply a dashboard filter on the latest data source and lock it, just like this:  

Best
Christian

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @chackbusch 

I have different data sets from historicals (may 2022, nov 2022, may 2023 and nov 2023) in the filters the options are organized in alphabet order, but i would like to have them in chronological order.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Erikahuer I am not sure if there is a direct option to sort the values in chronological order but you can try recoding your historicals. Something like below.

Then you can obtain the desired order.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Erikahuer,

I agree with @omkarkewat. I think you would need to either rename or recode the data sources so that alphabetical sorting returns the desired output. If you would also have March and April, “2022 March” and “2022 April” would not work out. You would then need to go e.g. with “202203 March” and “202204 April” or similar. 

Best
Christian

Leave a Reply