I have a field "Hire Date" in my data and now wanted to classify it as "tenure range" for example: less than year, 2-5 years. Any suggestions if the formulas are applicable in dashboards? | XM Community
Skip to main content
Question

I have a field "Hire Date" in my data and now wanted to classify it as "tenure range" for example: less than year, 2-5 years. Any suggestions if the formulas are applicable in dashboards?

• 11 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a field "Hire Date" in my data and now wanted to classify "tenure range" based on the hire date filed for example: less than year, 2-5 years. Any suggestions if the formulas are applicable in dashboards? How to achieve this?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@Siva Sai Have you already executed the survey? Probably would have been easier to define those ranges within the survey flow instead of trying to find some way in the dashboard… 

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

You could run a workflow that pulls in that data and then does a basic transform to calculate the delta between the start date and current date. You can use that information to define tenure in days, and then transform that metadata field into tenure buckets. If its a flat file, I suggest you pull the data and add the needed tenure field manually and then upload it back in the system. It would be more efficient and cause less problems. If this is a lifecycle, I would look at correcting the historical data first, and adding in metadata fields for your respondents moving forward so that you do not need to perform calculations in Qualtrics. It can get really messy doing workflow calculations (for instance generating a new field can often duplicate each response by adding a line of data with the new metadata field without replacing the previous line). I think @chackbusch  is correct in stating that correcting the data first would be much cleaner of a solution that trying to do this within the system itself. 

Leave a Reply