Adding Customer Name to Survey | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello,

I work on our post-call survey for our company’s contact center.  We’ve thrown around the idea of including the customer’s name in the opening of the survey to make it more personable.  I’m curious whether any of you have implemented this with your customer surveys? If so, do you have a comparison of data when including the customer’s name and not? What were the differences? Were there any negatives from this?

Thank you,

Hi @valdy34 

Adding customer name in the survey will create a sense of personalization and somehow more thoughful feedback. However, some customer might have privacy concern of their name being used. I think with a post call survey things should be customize within survey is the call date/time and and call reason, some thing to remind them of the experience. Customername is an add-on.

I haven’t tried adding a customer’s name into the survey itself before, but I think this sounds like a great idea to be more personable. A con that I can think of though is that some customers might not want to be identified in their response, so they might be nicer with their responses or not entirely honest about their experience if they think their response can be identified/tied back to their name. If sending the survey via email, I do think it’s important to include their name though in the body of the email invitation. I personally would think it was a phishing attempt if there wasn’t an official way of addressing you.

Leave a Reply