Creating a survey that replaces a booking tool | XM Community
Skip to main content

Creating a survey that replaces a booking tool

• 5 April 2021
  • 0 replies

Hello,
I have been asked to create a survey that team members can access when they need to book a service. Currently, we use a booking tool but it lacks in reporting. I'm sure that this can be done but I'm concerned with the level of initial effort as well as maintenance so I wanted to see if anyone had any feedback, best practices etc.
The desired experience is (short version)
Q1. Do you need 15 min or 30 min?
Q2. Date Picker Calendar
Q2a. 15 min takes them down a path with options from 9 am - 11:45 am (12 options total)
Q2b. 30 min takes them down a path with options from 12:30 pm - 5:30 pm (10 options total)
Once the slot is selected, it is no longer available (quota to be set at 1)

Here's where I worry about initial effort and maintenance. 22 options per day x's 5 days a week = 110 quotas to create for ONE WEEK, plus I imagine I need display logic for the date picker (assuming it's possible, if not maybe a matrix style question?). The request is to do this indefinitely 😳. Thoughts on how to make this doable without hours and hours of initial setup + the indefinite part?
I have reviewed this article as well the support article about Appointment/Event Registration
Thank you in advance for any advice or direction you can provide, I greatly appreciate it!

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply