Custom survey URL | XM Community
Question

Custom survey URL

• 18 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Our org default for survey URLs is chg.qualtrics.com… however I would like to send a custom URL and have learned that anything prior to the “.qualtrics.com/...” can be edited and it will still take you to the same survey, vanity URL https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/sp-administration/brand-customization-services/vanity-urls/

This works great for a single link, but I need personal links. Is there an “easy” way to do this without changing it for the entire org which is not an option for us. I know that when you’re composing an email you can insert piped text and make the survey link a custom survey link, but that is not doable with thousands of participants. 

My thought was to send the survey outside of Qualtrics, then all I would have to do is export the personal links, change the links in excel using using find & replace (or something similar) to swap out “chg” for “_” for the next links and then send them out. I would ideally like to keep it all inhouse though with Qualtrics so that I can utilize the automated reminders. 

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi, 

There is no way to change the surveys URL one by one, as you said the only way to do this is changing it for the entire org.

The best way is to export all the links for the survey and try to change it in other online platform’.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You could buy a new domain and setup the CNAME record to point to chg.qualtrics.com.

You could then send links like survey.com/jef/... And they would all resolve to your existing surveys. 

Leave a Reply