display, logic, and randomization | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi! I want my blocks to show up based on my previous answer choices, but meanwhile, I also want the blocks to appear in random order.
For example, I have blocks X, Y, and Z. If participants select answers A and B of the previous multiple choice screening question, then only block X and block Y will appear to the participants. But beyond that, I also want block X and block Y to show up to the participants (who chose answers A and 😎 in random order. How can I do that?
Thank you very much! Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure I understand your logic requirements, but you can do something like this in the survey flow:
Randomizer - Show 2 of 2
Branch - If A selected
Block X
Branch - If B selected
Block Y
Block X and/or Block Y will only be displayed if their branch condition is true.

Different participants may choose different answers, so different blocks would show up for different participants based on their previous answers. Some participants may have blocks X and Y, some may have Y and Z, and some may only have block X. It all depends on how they answer the previous question.
But the key is I want the randomization to work after blocks have been determined to make the chosen blocks appear in random order.

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/48627#Comment_48627That's what the survey flow I provided does. If they answered 'A' to a previous question they see block X. If they answered 'B' to a previous question they see block Y. If they answered both 'A' and 'B' they see block X and Y in random order.

Leave a Reply