How to create a new field that can then be used in a pie chart? | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have a basic account and I am trying to create a new field that can be used in a Pie Chart of all the "Total Initiatives" each department is pursuing or focused on achieving.
I am trying to make this pie chart so I can include it in a report. The initial survey was created by someone else. The survey questions are multiple choice with recoded values. The multiple choice question asks each department where they are it with their initiative: "No Action Yet", "Planning", "Initiating", "Completed", and "Completed & Going".:
Survey_QuestionType.pngI want to have a pie chart that can show the number of initiatives each department is focused on and/or also showing the percentage of the "Total Initiatives" each department is responsible for.
There are only 5 departments, so there are only 5 survey responses, but there are ~68 total initiatives. As you can see in the screenshot below, I created a New Field (Numeric) and had manually input the totals (yellow box outline). I also made scores for each "initiative status", which they can be seen below just to the right of the New Field. I used this to mentally add up the initiatives for each department and manually entered the number into the new field:
Data&Analysis_View.png
Here is a view of my report with a pie chart I made that basically shows how many departments there are, incase this helps clear up what I am trying to do:
Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 12.08.47 PM.png
Again, I am unable to make a pie chart with that New Field. Does anyone know how I could create a new field that can be used with a Pie Chart showing the "Total Initiatives" number and/or the "Total Initiatives" percentage breakdown each department is responsible for?

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply