Integrate AI Chatbot into survey | XM Community
Question

Integrate AI Chatbot into survey

• 15 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Has anyone successfully integrated an AI-powered chatbot, such as ChatGPT, Google Bard, or Microsoft Copilot (formerly known as Bing), into a survey?

My survey involves participants interacting with an AI-powered chatbot before answering a question.

Could someone guide me on how I can achieve this? I would greatly appreciate it.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yes we can integrate Chat GPT using API in Qualtrics. Please check the demo here.

Badge +1

Hey @P.Jinda

Can you share a bit more about your use case? We recently also ran a survey where we evaluated user interactions after having them take a test using various chatbots. We did this by hosting the chatbots ourselves and sending the user to the bot and back to the survey using custom parameters in links. 

Hope this helps. 

Badge +1

Hi @Tino_p

Mine is looking to have the participant to read a case and then answer a set of questions using ChatGPT. Can you explain how you did yours? 

Badge +1

@P.Jinda  Ahh, we had a similar use case, but we did not integrate ChatGPT directly into the survey. All we did was provide a link and login credentials to our own service we specifically set up for this. Not sure if this is best practice, but we had analytics running on the service and were, therefore, able to track who came from the survey and how they interacted with the LLM. 

If the participant will only use ChatGPT does it really need to be integrated into the survey? Or might it be enough just to refer the participant to the tool?

If your goal is to keep track of how the participant interacts with the ChatGPT while trying to answer survey questions, this will require a tiny bit of development work. In that case, I would suggest creating your own ChatGPT site using OpenAI’s API and Streamlit. To track participant interactions you could either use Langsmith or Posthog. I think there is even a prebuilt Github repo you could just fork and add some interaction logging, too. 

Badge +1

@P.Jinda on second thought, if you really want it integrated into the survey, you could probably just use an iframe. Participants would still have to authenticate via the OpenAI website if they want to use ChatGPT, but I'm sure some startup out there is offering a free no-auth version on GPT-4 just for leadgen purposes. Or, as I previously mentioned, put it together in Streamlit and embed that into the iframe. 

If you’re not married to ChatGPT, check Huggingface for some cool open-source models. I think they allow you to deploy a chatbot in an iframe no-code using Gradio

Badge +1

@Tino_p  I just need to make sure the participants use ChatGPT.  I’ll look into Langsmith and Posthog and see what they can do. Thank you so much. 

Leave a Reply