Sending a survey with multiple work items to a single customer based on embedded data | XM Community
Solved

Sending a survey with multiple work items to a single customer based on embedded data

Badge +2

Hello!

I am looking to build a survey that goes out weekly to customers who submit work items for repair. I am using the Directory Automations to collect the information from a query that is updated daily with new work items or completed work items. What I am looking for is a way to send a single weekly survey with a yes/no question if they are satisfied with the completed repair from that week. An example is below:

Week 1

Customer Name Work Item# Status
Customer A A.1 Work Item Open
Customer A A.2 Work Item Completed
Customer A A.3 Work Item Completed
Customer A A.4 Work Item Open

The survey should be as follows for Customer A every week. 

Q1. Are you satisfied with the repair of A.2?
(Yes/No)
Q2. Are you satisfied with the repair of A.3?
(Yes/No)

Week 2

Customer Name Work Item# Status
Customer A A.1 Work Item Completed
Customer A A.2 Work Item Completed
Customer A A.3 Work Item Completed
Customer A A.4 Work Item Completed

Q1. Are you satisfied with the repair of A.1?
(Yes/No)
Q2. Are you satisfied with the repair of A.4?
(Yes/No)

icon

Best answer by ThomasW_IronMountain 2 May 2023, 00:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

@mismail,

Here is what I would suggest. Build your survey with a simple Yes / No question for all of the service options available. Add any other questions you would like to add. Create an embedded data field telling Qualtrics which services the customer used. Use Display logic based on embedded data to only show those service the customer received.

Then, create two Automations, one for the Contact List upload, and the other for Survey Distribution. You can use this link to walk you through setting up Automations: 

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/iq-directory/automations/managing-automations/

Then Qualtrics will automatically receive the contact list you are ingesting (Contact List Automation) and send out surveys to all the contacts on the list (Survey Distribution Automation). It will then show Yes / No questions for the services that the customer used based on the embedded data in the file. Be sure to have the list in .csv format, and only one customer email per row. The other columns will tell Qualtrics which services the customer used. 

Is this helpful for you? 

Badge +2

@mismail,

Here is what I would suggest. Build your survey with a simple Yes / No question for all of the service options available. Add any other questions you would like to add. Create an embedded data field telling Qualtrics which services the customer used. Use Display logic based on embedded data to only show those service the customer received.

Then, create two Automations, one for the Contact List upload, and the other for Survey Distribution. You can use this link to walk you through setting up Automations: 

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/iq-directory/automations/managing-automations/

Then Qualtrics will automatically receive the contact list you are ingesting (Contact List Automation) and send out surveys to all the contacts on the list (Survey Distribution Automation). It will then show Yes / No questions for the services that the customer used based on the embedded data in the file. Be sure to have the list in .csv format, and only one customer email per row. The other columns will tell Qualtrics which services the customer used. 

Is this helpful for you? 

@ThomasW_IronMountain Thank you for your help. Using the automation distribution is the plan. However, the solutions we are providing are not based on a set of services. Each service request can be different. Once a customer opens a service ticket, a ticket ID is created. For some context, the services are home repairs. So a customer may request service for a door, another may request for paint etc. But what I am looking to do is create a yes/no question for each ticket id that is generated. A single customer may open up 6 service requests, therefore, looking to ask 6 yes/no questions. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

@Mismail ,

If you have each of the service request types as each their own column in the contact list, then each of these columns will become an embedded data field where you can then display a question if the service request is marked. 

Badge +2

@Mismail ,

If you have each of the service request types as each their own column in the contact list, then each of these columns will become an embedded data field where you can then display a question if the service request is marked. 

I suppose that could work. But this would mean new columns would need to be created. And if the service requests exceeds the number of columns, then it would not display correctly.

Leave a Reply