Separate End Messages | XM Community
Solved

Separate End Messages

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi guys,

Urgently require assistance. I’ve looked at almost every post relating to this question but nothing seems to be working for me.

I have a main survey. Only by answering YES to the 3rd questions can you proceed with the survey (think of it as a selection criteria question). If you answer NO, I want to the survey to end (“you have not met the selection criteria”). 

IF Do you currently study psychology? No Is selected

→ End of Survey

I’ve tried everything, I’ve used the skip logic, I’ve gone into survey flow and added a then if branch (from which I’ve added a end survey branch and used the customise button to override the default end message - tried the custom end, I’ve also tried creating a new survey so that I can redirect using URL to the other end message).

NOTHING. Is. Working.

I keep getting directed to my main end message. 

Please help me. x.x

icon

Best answer by HelpMeOut 3 May 2023, 04:40

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Are you able to show a screenshot of your survey flow/ relevant screens.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Yes!

Here it is:

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I assume you have blocks for the main survey after this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Yes, just like how you can see the demographic block, there are more blocks similar to that with other questions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

You can divide the questions in blocks like first 3 question in Block 1 and rest all the question in Block 2. Then you can apply below logic that if last question of block 1 is yes then display block 2 else end of survey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Is there any other skip logic / display logic in the survey builder section which terminating the respondent from another prior question route (before the survey flow branch logic)?

Otherwise I don’t see any reason for not getting the end of survey with customize message (redirect URL) to it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Yes, just like how you can see the demographic block, there are more blocks similar to that with other questions.

Does everyone answer the “Do you currently study psychology?” question?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@krbhavya I tried this, does not work...the end message is not being customised, it’s showing me the main end message.

@MohammedAli_Rajapkar I have other skip logic put that is in another block (and is not done through the survey flow). i’ve done other things like request response and all that, but nothing else except this through survey flow.

@MikeW Everyone answers the ‘Do you study psychology’ question. If they respond yes, they continue with the rest of the main survey, and end with the main end message that says ‘thanks for completing the survey’. If they respond no, the survey ends right there (but with a message that says ‘sorry you do not meet the criteria’).

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Sounds frustrating. 

On the question  “Do you currently study psychology?” - I assume you have a skip based on that. I assume that is set to skip to the end of the block rather than the end of the survey?

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@HelpMeOut you can customize the end of survey . Click on the Customize button and Refer to the below screenshot.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

No, on that question I only have a response requirement - request response. I created a new survey and tried doing what I’ve done before (using the if then branch and then the end survey.) AND IT WORKS!

I have a feeling that maybe another command or some other setting I’ve put on is interfering with this…..

I’m going to try creating my survey from scratch and see if that works….

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@krbhavya Yes, I’ve done all of that, it’s not working at all.

Thanks everyone for their input!! I much appreciate you trying to help troubleshoot this matter for me. As I’ve said above, I think some other setting must be interfering with what I want Qualtrics to do. Hopefully, once I re-create this survey, it will work 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi all, I figured it out! 

I think the problem was that my selection criteria question was between two other questions…..

Once I put the ‘Do you study Psychology’ question by itself in a separate block without questions after it, the branch command works, and I am able to see a different customised end message. 

Thanks again everyone for your support!

Leave a Reply