Action Task - Generate Report and/or Distribute New Survey | XM Community
Solved

Action Task - Generate Report and/or Distribute New Survey

• 3 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

I would like to automatically distribute a standard report to all respondents once a series of quota conditions have been met.
I would also like to automatically trigger the distribution of a new survey once a series of quota conditions have been met.
It looks like there is a finite, limited number of tasks that can be triggered within the Actions Function.
Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 5 April 2021, 01:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Both of these are possible via actions. However, there's a possibility that you don't see the options due to the account restrictions. Check out the support pages for advanced Quotas.

Badge +4

Ahmed - can you elaborate a bit more please?
In my situation, I am able to establish the quota conditions just fine, but I do not see the action items I need. My problem seems to have more to do with the quota action options.
I do not see any more quota action options within Advanced Quota when reading the support pages than are already available to me which are:

• End current survey

• Prevent all new surveys

• Do not display a question/block

• Trigger web service

• Non (skip logic/survey flow)

What I want to do when quota conditions are met is:
  • Send report to respondents

• Trigger next sequential survey

Thanks,
Scott

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Since, I'm not sure where the report is coming from, I can't comment on the specifics, but a general workflow of using quotas as a condition would be something like this:
image.pngYou could then trigger whatever task you like, email or even a survey distribution.
The distribution would need some careful planning and a few more conditions, as you wouldn't want multiple emails for the same survey being sent out.

I had mentioned advanced quotas earlier, as you could use those to create logic flows with embedded data and branching, to achieve the desired results.
I would also recommend being a little careful with quotas, as they take time to update.

Badge +4

The report I want to trigger is a standard, one page statistics table from the reports tab.
Could you please provide a screen shot showing the survey distribution task option?
Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-module/xm-directory-task/

Leave a Reply