After survey takers complete a survey, how to allow them to make another entry? | XM Community
Question

After survey takers complete a survey, how to allow them to make another entry?

• 10 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi, can someone please help me? After a survey taker completes 1 survey, their response summary is displayed and the survey is submitted it, now how can I redirect them to restart another survey, if they have more entries to make? Please help! Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Badge +30

It's not possible to restart the same survey considering that they have already submitted their response. If you want them to retake the same survey then you can make use of the retake survey procedure: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/retake-survey-link/

If you want to redirect them into a new survey then you can redirect them by setting it up in the end of survey message by following the steps in the link: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-options/survey-termination/#RedirectingRespondentsToAUrl

Badge +2

Aanurag_QC Thanks. But, my question is at the "end of survey," can I choose "show response summary," submit, then automatically send them to the URL again to do a new survey. It is not to re-take the same survey. It is an anonymous link, so anyone can take it, and they might have multiple entries to make. I know I can EITHER show response summary OR redirect URL, but can I do both?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/44471#Comment_44471This can be done by selecting both "Redirect to a URL" and "Show Response Summary", however after submitting a survey they will both pop up in the same browser tab, so essentially the response summary is irrelevant as it is gone in a second.
I would recommend including the response summary within an action email under the workflow tab and redirecting the respondents to the other survey you need them to take. It is a swifter process for the respondent to just continue to the next survey rather than review their responses. However, if you do need to show the respondents a summary of all of their responses from the survey before submission and then it redirects them to the URL, you could create your own response summary from piped in text of their selected choices as a last text/graphic question before submission.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

However, if you do need to show the respondents a summary of all of their responses from the survey before submission and then it redirects them to the URL, you could create your own response summary from piped in text of their selected choices as a last text/graphic question before submission.

I found Creating my own Response Summary with questions and piped text to be super valuable because the Response Summary looked terrible and I can have control over the buttons for each block saying Review then Submit. Thanks for this suggestion!

-----

I also figured out that if you try to just but a survey link in the End of Survey message, it doesn’t display, but if you put a survey URL in as a link, it DOES work. 

This is from my Library, but should also work if you’re editing/creating a new End of Survey Message within your survey as well.

Click edit from Library message or Create new End of Survey message 

Pipe in the Survey link URL

Copy that Survey URL

Add a link, set Protocol to Other and paste into URL field.

Leave a Reply