Choice options based on group | XM Community
Question

Choice options based on group

• 2 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have a survey for social network analysis that I’m running into issues with how to most efficiently show choice options that need to carry forward to other questions. I have 22 groups of respondents(partners)that will need to identify the other partners in the group they collaborate with. Currently, I have an initial sorting question (which group), which then shows a different block for each group that starts with a list of partners to choose themselves from, then the rest of the network questions carry forward the unselected choices. The issues I’m running into are 1)this is really huge and messy. I have 22 blocks with the same questions, just a different set of partners that are available to choose from 2) it turns out some partners are in multiple groups- so in order to get their full participation they would need to complete the survey twice OR answer the same set of questions twice with different partner options shown which doubles the length of the survey. I’m looking for a way to have just one set of questions, where the partner choices to select from show up in one question based on which group/groups the respondent selects. I looked into “choice groups” but that doesn’t seem to apply to this. This is my first time using qualtrics, so any advice would be appreciated! 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

If you have one question with all the partners, you can use display logic on each choice based on group or groups. Then carry forward from there.  

Badge +1

If you have one question with all the partners, you can use display logic on each choice based on group or groups. Then carry forward from there.  

I had tried this before but didn’t see a way to add a display logic for groups- would it need to be a display logic for each choice available? I have over 600 partners to add so I certainly can do it but it would definitely be tedious if thats the case. 

Leave a Reply