Email Triggers for Survey Retakes | XM Community
Solved

Email Triggers for Survey Retakes

• 25 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I've created a survey that respondents will complete monthly (retakes will be saved as a new response each time). Is there a way to set up an email trigger if someone scores high on a specific question in back to back re-takes (e.g., a respondent chooses "dissatisfied" on a question 2 times in a row)? I know this can be done for a single survey, but I'd only need the email to be triggered if they choose that response twice in a row. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Kate 26 July 2022, 22:16

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I have a hair-brained idea you can try but it may not work.
You'll need to at least temporarily save the answers to the last survey somewhere in order to give the system something to compare - otherwise the system won't know to trigger the e-mail. You can use workflows to trigger the survey information into XM directory: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/actions-module/xm-directory-task/. Then set up the e-mail trigger so that "If Survey response for Answer 1 = Dissatisfied, and Past Survey info saved in directory = Dissatisfied."
But:

1. Unless there are a small number of questions and answer choices, you're going to have a HUGE amount of logic to build out on your e-mail trigger.

2. If the survey is set up to always overwrite the old responses - I'm not sure it will work. It depends on when the workflow is fired v. the E-mail trigger. The workflow on the new survey would have to fire after the e-mail trigger- or the system would only ever be able to reference the new survey.

I suspect you will need some custom coding or another method to establish these e-mail triggers.

Leave a Reply