Generating individual survey links on demand? | XM Community

Generating individual survey links on demand?

• 13 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Everyone, I have the following problem: I would like to avoid multiple submissions from each respondent to a survey I am about to run.
I have access to the "Avoid multiple submission" option, but that can be bypassed by using a different browser (or removing cookies).
I cannot collect participants' emails and I do not have a contact list. Is there a way for me to generate some kind of submission form where:

1. participants submit emails to get an individual link automatically;

2. the form checks for duplicate emails and does not produce a link if an email already exists;

3. emails collected are destroyed after at survey close.

Or anything that would allow me to distribute a single individual link per participant when I do not have a contact list at all.
Thanks in advance!
p.s.
I do not have access to the "Relevant ID" function

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I suggest you do this by creating 2 surveys.
Survey 1: the respondent submit the email; you will create a workflow on this survey that will have a Distribute Survey task on it that will be used to generate the link to the second survey after adding the respondent to a list in Directory.
Make sure you set the Directory rules to dedupe by email address and specific to this list to the frequency desired - if it's once ever, do that, etc.
Survey 2: this workflow above will send the link to that respondent via email and they'll be able to respond then.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/53181#Comment_53181thank you - I do not think I follow all the terms you use (sorry, a noob here!), but I think I understand, I'll give it a go, many thanks!

Leave a Reply