How to have one survey reference responses to another? | XM Community

How to have one survey reference responses to another?

• 12 August 2022
  • 1 reply

My situation is that I have one survey which needs to reference another survey when deciding how to fill quotas.
Here's what the flow will look like:
1) Participants will take a screener, which will assign them a condition based on their demographics as well as which conditions are already filled using quotas.
2) The screener will then give them instructions to complete a task outside of Qualtrics.
3) Upon completing the task, they will be redirected to another survey (I'll call it the end-survey) containing embedded variables including their demographics and which condition they completed. This is how we intend to track which demographics and conditions are full for the sake of quotas.
4) As more participants complete the session, eventually quotas for different conditions will get filled. We need the screener to check only the responses to the end-survey when determining which conditions have been completed, so that incomplete sessions don't count towards the quotas.
In short, I want a survey to determine its quotas based on responses to another survey. Is there a way to do this?
My first thought is to use the "Reference survey" option in the survey flow, having the screener reference the end-survey, and hiding its questions from actually displaying. However, I'm having a hard time identifying if Reference Survey counts responses from the other survey, or only adds a copy of the referenced survey's questions. Or if there's a more efficient way to do this that I'm not seeing, even better.

1 reply

Badge +2

You could have an embedded field, called "count" which increments with actions you setup in Workflows. Then, when someone completes the new survey, you can call the variable count and include it in the results or even use display logic depending on what their count is.

Leave a Reply