Send email to participant during the survey with embedded data in the email content? | XM Community
Solved

Send email to participant during the survey with embedded data in the email content?

• 13 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone,
I wanted to send an email to the participant during the survey with the following requirements.
1) It should be sent when a certain button on a certain page is pressed - I know this can be done by setting a condition in the email trigger.
2) In the email content, I would need to include a variable, whose value depends on the progress of the survey. Therefore, I assume it should be an embedded data. I was wondering if this is possible.
Thank you in advance for the help!

icon

Best answer by InessaG 28 January 2022, 16:07

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sending email during the survey is possible by using web service and email distribution api.

Thank you, rondev.
Could you please elaborate on how to implement email distribution api so I can achieve what I wanted? I haven't done this before, so would probably need some guidance to move forward.
Thanks!

Badge +4

Yes, this would be useful to my mind - so that participant can confirm it's THEIR email address, etc. mid-survey before continuing...
Easy to fire a web service off, but can Qualtrics send the email off easily.. there must be a way of doing this, TRIGGERs are full completed responses... ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Alternatively.... You can have the email request qustion in one survey. Upon submission, launch a workflow for email distribution task, which will send an email to the submitted email address with a link to the 2nd survey.

Badge +4

Yup, thanks InessaG, I tried that, and it indeed worked. That's great, thanks

Badge +1

@tlan @JBrim Did you ever find a solution to execute this in the same survey? Not having to create and link multiple surveys together.

@rondev Do you have any resources to point me to on how to execute this using web services or the email api distribution? When pulling up api email distribution I am only seeing documentation regarding initial survey distribution, not using embedded data to send an email for a survey that is “in progress” and hasn’t been completed.

Leave a Reply