Survey Capabilities (Workflow?) | XM Community
Skip to main content

Dear XMCommunity,
I wish to use Qualtrics to gather data for my paper. I, however, am looking for a specific feature that I have not found. I would like to utilise/refer to the answers gathered in the survey from question 1, section 1, in question 3, section 3. Preferably I'd be able to link this to an image but if it can be placed within a textbox that would already give me a wonderful workaround.
Is this feature available, if so where would I be able to find additional data about its setup and its limitations?
Cheers :)

Hi there,
I think what you are describing can be accomplished by using Piped Text and inserting the Selected Choice text from the first question.
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/piped-text/piped-text-overview/
If you are trying to have the selected choice from the first question appear as default text within a Text Entry question later on, you would still use Piped Text but would add it using the Default Choice feature, which can be found under Question Behavior when configuring the question in the Survey Builder.
DefaultChoiceTextEntry.png

Perfect, thank you!

Leave a Reply