Workflow email does not allow 'Reply all' | XM Community

Workflow email does not allow 'Reply all'

• 16 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +4
  • Level 1 ●
  • 5 replies

I know Qualtrics is doing away with email triggers at some point and those must now be in workflows. I built a workflow just like the trigger which sends email to a group of 6 people upon completion of the survey. Instructions in the body of the email include to 'Reply all' to continue the discussion of the completed form.
In email triggers, all our names would display in the from field and allows 'Reply all'. In Workflow I was told by support this is not an option and everyone just gets an email with only their name as recipient.
Has anyone found a work around for this? It seems impossible that an email does not have a Reply All feature. Thank you ~

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Hi there, a workaround that I've used before is to set up the Workflow's Email Task with a specific subject line. Have the workflow email get sent to yours or a shared inbox that you can create rules for. If your organization uses Microsoft Outlook, the rule you create might look something like the below. Have the rule's condition be that the email's subject line includes the subject line from the workflow, and the action being to forward that email to the members of the group. The forwarded email contains each email address in the "To" field and included when any select Reply All
OutlookForwardRule2.png

Badge +4

This is so helpful - thank you, Tom!

Leave a Reply