Workflow task : Load XM Directory Contact Detail

• 13 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +37
  • QPN Level 4 ●●●●
  • 121 replies

Hi Community,

I'm trying to find is a contact exists in my XM directory based on an email provided by a respondant in an anonymous survey.
The "Load XM Directory Contact Detail" task seems to be the one to implement but it requires a contactID witch is like "CID_09ceIzM6caOZPTw"
No chance to get this ID in a survey without piping it in from Directory (and in this case, the task is useless !

Does anyone have any experience with this task or any idea to resolve my issue ?

Here is an example of the task configuration window :
User: Thanks,
Élie D

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

ElieD
I believe if you just need to find if a contact exists in XM Directory you can use Authenticator in survey flow and based on email which you are getting you can fetch the required details.
Also, yes you would not be able to get ContactID via a metadata in survey flow . You can add a feature request if needed.
Hope it helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +38

You can use a Web service to call the search directory contacts API with a filter on the email.
See https://api.qualtrics.com/c79e78a949572-search-directory-contacts

image.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

Thanks,
The webservice is what I need !

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

vgayraud Thank you so much for providing a solution and great use of Web Service! ElieD Thank you for confirming the solution! 👏

Badge +1

@vgayraud, I’m trying to do something similar but with the webservice task in workflows instead of survey flow.

Do you have any advice on how to set this up in workflows? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +38

Hi @K_Watts 

It would be very similar if you’re looking to do the same :

The value for your filter would be :

{"filterType": "email","comparison": "eq","value": "${q://QID1/QuestionText}"}

where ${q://QID1/QuestionText} would be the piped text from your question or embedded data containing the email.

Badge +1

@vgayraud , thank you so much! 

Leave a Reply