Are we able to insert multiple piped text in a single statement, followed up 2 drop downs? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi, this is a rather complicated coding question and would really appreciated it if someone can help!
Are we able to insert multiple piped texts in a single statement, followed up 2 drop downs? 
For example:
In Q1, the respondents is asked to select which product(s) they purchased from each company options and for whom they have purchased for, using a matrix table like below
image.pngIn Q2, we wish to pipe in the texts as follows: Company chosen], Product chosen], For whom] - dropdown 1, drop down 2; for example: Company A, Product A , For yourself - drop down choices 1] , drop down choices 2]
Can we achieve the abovementioned? Thanks in advance if someone can help!

It sounds like what you actually need to do is create Q2 to have all the options possible, and then use Display logic that determines which options are shown, based on the options in Q1. But if someone else has a more elegant solution I'll be interested to know it as well.

Is it only the eight options? If so, it isn't too complicated as you can just use display logic on a Side by Side. You have to have every combination in there, and just display those which are selected by the user. Believe me this will make analysis easer on the back end also. You could also do something using embedded data, but it would be a lot more logic.
https://feedback.digikey.com/jfe/preview/SV_ac0AsYPXSp3Fs7I?Q_CHL=preview&Q_SurveyVersionID=current

Hi both! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and suggestions! Unfortunately I have ~40-50 companies to show on the first column which makes the use of display logic infeasible. What other solutions are there in such a case? Thanks for helping anywaysss!

Leave a Reply