Question

Email Duplicates Confirmation Help :)

• 3 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi Everyone

I hope you can help.

I have a contact list that has been sent a survey.

I now have a new contact list and it’s possible this list will have duplicates from the original list.

Am I right in thinking, when I send the same survey to the new list, Qualtrics will automatically skip any duplicate emails that have already been sent the same survey?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Duplicates can only be marked if you are sending email at same day. You can merge duplicates using directory merge rules. Or you can create contact list merge rule to merge all these duplicates.

If you will create new sample each time then it will not mark as duplicate and the same respondent will receive another survey. You should use single sample list and create contact frequency rules as well to avoid duplicate emails.

Badge

Hi there!

Yes, you are correct in your thinking. Qualtrics, like many survey platforms, typically has a feature that can handle duplicate emails when sending surveys to a new contact list. When you send the same survey to the new list, Qualtrics will most likely have a mechanism in place to automatically identify and skip any duplicate email addresses that have already received the survey from the original list.

This is done to avoid surveying the same individuals multiple times, ensuring that participants do not receive duplicate invitations and reducing the risk of bias in your data.

To be sure about the specific functionality in your Qualtrics account, I recommend checking the platform's documentation or reaching out to their customer support for detailed instructions on how to handle duplicates when sending surveys.

I hope this clarifies your question. If you have any more queries or need further assistance, feel free to ask. Good luck with your survey! :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi There,

Any identical emails sent to the same destination within 12 hours – even through different distributions – will be marked as duplicates and blocked by Qualtrics.

You can use feature ‘Merge duplicate contacts’ to merge duplicate contacts within a directory.

Keeping single contacts list will serve best when combined with above option. Hope this will help you to some extent. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Another factor that might determine whether or not the duplicate records get the second email is if your account has XM Directory or XMD Lite. If it’s the former, then check with your Brand Admin to see if any Contact Frequency rules have been set up; if none, and the above suggestions do not resolve the issue, you could ask for one to be set up specifically for this survey to keep the duplicates from getting the second message.

If you’re on XMD Lite, and you’re not sending the second distribution within 12 hours of the first, you’ll need to remove the duplicates from the second list before sending.

Leave a Reply