How do I include embedded data in an XM Directory? | XM Community
Skip to main content

I’m fairly new to Qualtrics and am trying out embedded fields. I would like to include embedded data in an XM Directory I created from a survey, but each time I try to add that (specifically, the City), the embedded data does not populate to the directory. Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips here? I am certain that I am missing some step, but I don’t know which one. I have followed the directions outlined in the attached picture to add a field to the XM Directory. Thank you for any help!!

Can you share a screen shot of the underlying screen? It looks like this. That might help Community members diagnose the issue.

Yes, good call! The image you attached above is exactly what my page shows. I then click on “Add or remove embedded data fields” and the following image comes up, which shows what I have tried adding (city). Despite it saving (which I’m assuming because what I wrote stays on this page after closing and reopening), I never see the city information reflected in the directory. I have added an embedded data question for city and that is saving in the survey results.

Hi @kjnorth,

After seeing your second screenshot, i can see that while adding ‘Field Value’ you are adding location field ( i.e ${loc://City} ). Instead of this you will have to use embedded value in ‘Filed Value’.

Once you select embedded value ( i.e ~{aed://City} ) try to distribute once again to yourself and then check in XM Directory.

Let me know if this works for you :)

Great, thank you! I got it to work. Appreciate your help!

@kjnorth @Sachin Nandikol Do I need to add the same values in the survey flow under embedded data? I am new to Qualtrics and we can’t get this work. Thank you!

Leave a Reply