How to use 'Transaction Date' in survey | XM Community

How to use 'Transaction Date' in survey

• 14 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

Hi,
I've set up an XM Directory Automation for importing contacts (= calls to our hotline) and distributing a transactional feedback survey.
The date / time of the customer interaction (call to the hotline) gets imported into the XM Directory as "Transaction Date".
I now would like to use the date of the transaction in the survey flow / survey text. For example: "Thanks for calling our service hotline on 23-07-2022!"
Is there a way to access the 'Transaction Date' in the survey? I guess I have to set it up as Embedded Data?
And if so, is there a way to only use the day (and not the entire time stamp including the time)?

Thanks!
Manfred

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

ManfredBM
To access the transactional data you do need to create that as embedded data. But in order to access the timestamp I am wondering are you sending the timestamp via the Import automation. As that's the data we are pulling in the survey.

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

Deepak
What do you mean by "sending the timestamp via the Import automation"?
I'm importing the time stamp in the following way:
image.pngI can access the other three fields in my survey flow (e.g. Call_ID). But how would I access the "Transaction Date"?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

ManfredBM
The same way you set up others you can include this field in the survey flow as embedded data if you are generating links for that particular transaction via linked distribution. Also, to change it from ISO to yyyy-mm-dd format you can use javascript.
Something like this on load and add the actual date in a different embedded data as below used is Date.
var strDate = "2013-03-10T02:00:00Z";
strDate.substring(0, 10);
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.setEmbeddedData( 'Date', strDate );
Hope it helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +32

Deepak
Is the field name then 'Transaction Date'?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

ManfredBM
Yes, include that in survey flow. If that is not filled try this "transactionDate".
Hope it helps!

Leave a Reply