Looking for Users that Leverage Segments & Lists for Non-Automated Surveys | XM Community

Looking for Users that Leverage Segments & Lists for Non-Automated Surveys

• 9 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hello,
I am looking for other Qualtrics users that have been using Segments & Lists for uploading contacts for annual or quarterly customer surveys (ie NPS Relationship surveys) and may now be using the Transaction Group.
I am asking because I did not understand Segments & Lists overwrites all your data fields in the Directory because it treats all these fields as embedded data. I want to be able to upload these contacts and identify fields as either embedded or transaction, however, the transaction group approach does not seem like the right fit either. It is not really a transaction like a support case or a services engagment etc. It is more a periodic survey.
This has come to my attention with the recent Respondent Funnel rollout that went live in August where we need to identify fields as either embedded or transaction for the entire directory.
Thank you
Maureen

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There are two ways to tackle overwriting the embedded data values for the same contact in the Directory.

1. Instead of embedded data you will have to make it as transaction data. However, the transaction data option is only available if you are adding contacts through automation or API. here is the support page which talks about adding contact automation through SFTP: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/iq-directory/automations/contact-import-automation/

2. If the above option is not suitable and we only have option to create contact list manually then the contact identity resolution i.e. de-duplication need to be consider on more than one field. By default you will have email id as identity resolution but apart from email id you will have to add one more field and it will be "external data reference". You can include value in "external data reference" field such as "Q1, Q2, etc" based on the quarter for which you are distributing the survey. However, with this approach you will see same contact with multiple instances in the "Directory" since it will consider new contact for each Quarter. Here is the support page to set the identity resolution : https://www.qualtrics.com/support/iq-directory/directory-settings-tab/automatic-deduplication/

Leave a Reply