Piping text from a matrix text entry type field | XM Community
Skip to main content
Question

Piping text from a matrix text entry type field

• 25 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I have a survey where we have a matrix type question which uses the ‘carry forward’ type question behaviour, then each ‘answer’ has 3 text entry scale points.

We want to then pipe those answers out to another output summary - but I’m unable to pipe out those specific answers, and I am unable to identify if there’s a correct option available.

For reference, using ${q://QID##/ChoiceGroup/DisplayedChoices}, ${q://QID##/ChoiceGroup/DisplayedAnswers}, or ${q://QID##/ChoiceGroup/SelectedChoices} give me either nothing, the text from the left hand carried forward column, or literally “column header 1”, “column header 2”, “column header 3” which is not particularly helpful (and perhaps a very literal interpretation of “Selected Choices” by the devs).

An example of what I’ve created is below.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hello @AlexaN,

Could you please let me know if these 3 questions are all in same page? 

Badge +1

Hi Sachin

No, the first (where the carry forward comes from) is page one, this is page 2, and the third is on the 3rd page - so i’m allowing for the data to be ‘entered’ first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

@AlexaN - You pipe the answers as ${q://QID##/ChoiceTextEntryValue/x1/2} where x1 is the first row and 2 is the second column.

Badge +1

Thank you @TomG, unfortunately this hasn’t worked for me either.

Leave a Reply