Restricting access to contact list | XM Community
Solved

Restricting access to contact list

• 19 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,
Need some help please - I’m creating a contact list for distribution of my survey via personal links. This contact list also contain sensitive embedded data values. We have a number of different users of Qualtrics in our business, on the same licence and I noticed that contact lists are viewable by anybody able to access the directory, which is shared. 
Is there a way to password protect or otherwise restrict access to my contact list? 

icon

Best answer by Sachin Nandikol 19 March 2024, 17:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hello @Riaan

You have the option to limit user access to view or modify contact lists in XM Directory. As a Brand Admin, you can revoke their access using these steps:

Main Menu → Admin → Users → Select User → Adjust Access

Please see the attached screenshot for reference:

Let me know if this helps.

Badge +1

Hi, thanks for your response.
I am the brand admin yes, but I don’t want to take this functionality away from users in general.. just on a list by list basis. Ie, if I create a list containing sensitive info I dont want anybody to be able to open it and view it. I do want the other users to still be able to access the directory though and continue to create their own lists etc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hello @Riaan,

you can create a distinct contact list specifically for containing sensitive information. Only you will have access to this contact list that you create. Just ensure that you don't create this list within a group.

if there are other Brand Admins in your account, they won't have access to this contact list unless they log in as you from user accounts.

Leave a Reply