Getting rid of language changing option in survey

CarliO
CarliO LondonCommunity Member Qubie ✭
edited July 29 in Custom Code

I really don't want my participants to be able to switch languages during the questionnaire thanks to the change language bar that appears...Apparently it's possible to code this out...I don't even know how to start though...Would anybody have some tips ?

Best Answers

Answers

• CarliO

It doesn't seem to be working...Could there be something I am missing ?

• TomG
    TomG Raleigh, NCCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

You've done something wrong. I've made my original post a bit more specific.

• CarliO

Thanks yes I had! Thank you so much!

• curriewr
    curriewr Ottawa, OntarioCommunity Member Qubie ✭

Dear TomG, I have a similar problem with one modification. I want to permit survey participants to select their language of choice in the first question, but not change the language in subsequent questions. Do you have a similar code that would keep the Language Selector Container on Q1 but remove it elsewhere? Appreciate any advice you might have!

• TomG
    TomG Raleigh, NCCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭

@curriewr,

You could add JS to a question on the first page to un-hide the Language Selector. I think this will work:

jQuery(".LanguageSelectorContainer").show();

• Siraaj
    Siraaj SingaporeCommunity Member Qubie ✭

Hi. If I have my survey done in English and translated to Chinese and I only want the Chinese translated survey to appear for participants without them being able to choose between Eng & Chinese, how should the coding look like?

• Seaboard
    Seaboard Community Member Qubie ✭

Good morning, I am having no luck pasting .LanguageSelectorContainer {display:none}. Is this still the correct way to be removing the language selection box?

Sign In to Comment

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!