Priotizing selected choices out of a group of choices | XM Community
Solved

Priotizing selected choices out of a group of choices

• 22 August 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge +1
Hey guys! I have a question that has 12-15 options, and I want respondents to select and rank only three. The only options I find on qualtrics are to rank all available options. Am I missing something or do I need custom code so that the respondent can select three out of all the options and rank them?
icon

Best answer by SaurabhPujare_Ugam 22 August 2018, 23:29

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hey @GabrielRibeiro ,

I think Pick,Group and rank can help in this case.

!

In the above image you can also set condition for each group to contain at least 1 element and not more than 3 elements.

or you can have only one group and can set at not more than 3 in must select option.
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
@GabrielRibeiro ,
Alternative solution using Rank Order -> TextBox

!
Hello @GabrielRibeiro ,

The following solution will ease your data and analysis part i.e you know which group to see for given rank
Select pick group rank question and put validation as shown in image!
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
> @Shashi said:
> Hello @GabrielRibeiro ,
>
> The following solution will ease your data and analysis part i.e you know which group to see for given rank
> Select pick group rank question and put validation as shown in image!
>
>
>

I've posted the same thing, please refrain from posting the same comments...
Badge +1
Thanks @SaurabhPujare_Ugam and @Shashi. I am in between three types, and I just wanted to know if there was a easy way out. I've listed my three options below, thanks!

Type 1: Side-by-side to prioritize
The choices in the dropdown are Priority 1, 2, and 3, but I want to be able to limit respondents to 1 of each priority BEFORE them trying to move on. As in, if they choose Priority 1 for one option and then for another, the survey either stops him or removes the last option Priority 1 he had.
!

Type 2: Matrix Likert single answer with 3 columns
I want to validate by columns BEFORE users trying to move on. As in only letting them choose 1 option per column, and if they click on a second one in the same column it just changes to the new one.
!

Type 3: Rank and Order text vertical
I want them to write 1, 2, and/or 3 but not to be able to write any other numbers or write multiple of the same ones. I have the validation that doesn't let them move on in case they do this, but I want to be able to stop them BEFORE they try to move on.
!

Is there anything that can be done about any of these?

Thanks!
> @GabrielRibeiro said:
> Thanks @SaurabhPujare_Ugam and @Shashi. I am in between three types, and I just wanted to know if there was a easy way out. I've listed my three options below, thanks!
>
> Type 1: Side-by-side to prioritize
> The choices in the dropdown are Priority 1, 2, and 3, but I want to be able to limit respondents to 1 of each priority BEFORE them trying to move on. As in, if they choose Priority 1 for one option and then for another, the survey either stops him or removes the last option Priority 1 he had.
> !
>
> Type 2: Matrix Likert single answer with 3 columns
> I want to validate by columns BEFORE users trying to move on. As in only letting them choose 1 option per column, and if they click on a second one in the same column it just changes to the new one.
> !
>
> Type 3: Rank and Order text vertical
> I want them to write 1, 2, and/or 3 but not to be able to write any other numbers or write multiple of the same ones. I have the validation that doesn't let them move on in case they do this, but I want to be able to stop them BEFORE they try to move on.
> !
>
> Is there anything that can be done about any of these?
>
> Thanks!
>

Of all above three, Type 2 is recommended
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
> @GabrielRibeiro said:
> Thanks @SaurabhPujare_Ugam and @Shashi. I am in between three types, and I just wanted to know if there was a easy way out. I've listed my three options below, thanks!
>
> Type 1: Side-by-side to prioritize
> The choices in the dropdown are Priority 1, 2, and 3, but I want to be able to limit respondents to 1 of each priority BEFORE them trying to move on. As in, if they choose Priority 1 for one option and then for another, the survey either stops him or removes the last option Priority 1 he had.
> !
>
> Type 2: Matrix Likert single answer with 3 columns
> I want to validate by columns BEFORE users trying to move on. As in only letting them choose 1 option per column, and if they click on a second one in the same column it just changes to the new one.
> !
>
> Type 3: Rank and Order text vertical
> I want them to write 1, 2, and/or 3 but not to be able to write any other numbers or write multiple of the same ones. I have the validation that doesn't let them move on in case they do this, but I want to be able to stop them BEFORE they try to move on.
> !
>
> Is there anything that can be done about any of these?
>
> Thanks!
>

Hey @GabrielRibeiro ,

In your 2nd approach, Matrix scale,

what you can do is..

1) Put your current statements in scale points
2)Put your current scale points in statements
3)Select Transpose option from right side panel

This will allow you to select one choice per column.

I hope it helps
Badge +1
@SaurabhPujare_Ugam that works partially - respondents can still select more than one option. I want to limit them to one option per row per column - matrix style.
Is there any way to do this?

Leave a Reply