Adding comments to the scale question | XM Community
Skip to main content

Adding comments to the scale question

• 13 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Dees anyone know if in Qualtrics is possible to set up scale question, when when responded hovers over the answer box a plus sign comes up and when you click on it opens a box for comment
Capture 1.PNGCapture 2.PNG

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

It can be done, but it would require some complicated JavaScript.

Userlevel 7
Badge +39

AnnaP
Not exactly same but you can do something like this OOTB. Kindly use inpage display logic. You can add placeholder to show in the text box desired line. You can also hide the Question text.
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function()
{
{
/*Place your JavaScript here to run when the page loads*/
  var PLACEHOLDER = 'Please feel free to add your comments here ';
  jQuery('#QR\\\\~' + this.questionId).attr('placeholder', PLACEHOLDER);
}
});

Survey Build:
image.png
Preview screen
image.pngHope it helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

thanks, this is very useful. I take it the code needs to go into the comment question? How do you get all 3 questions to display on one page? I haven't got page breaks and they are not showing on one page I have to click next to see each question

Userlevel 7
Badge +39

AnnaP
Click on inpage at the bottom when you create the display logic
image.pngDisplay LogicHope it helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

brilliant, thank you that works. One more question, how do you delete the text above the comment box 'Click to write the question text'? I made it white ,so it doesn't show but is there a way to remove it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +39

AnnaP
You can just enter a "space bar" or you can use this in the source of Rich Content Editor.
Click to write the question text
Hope it helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

TomG thank you for your comment. I was afraid that that would be the case

Userlevel 4
Badge +16

Great job providing a solution and continuing the conversation Deepak! I'm sure this discussion will help a lot of community users down the line! 🙂

Leave a Reply