Easy Button - Generating a unique URL that is visible/accessible to multiple users | XM Community

Easy Button - Generating a unique URL that is visible/accessible to multiple users

• 3 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello
I am curious to know if there is an easy and/or faster way to generate a Survey Link than the current process. Current process is I have to log into Qualtrics, find the survey project, click on Distribution, then click on generate email, then fill out a fields and then send it.
Is there a "Generate" new button link or something?
Is there a way to use a base URL link and then add something to the end of the URL string (for example the Customers Name or Reference 😵 and it will be a unique survey link that can be used?
Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

HI RyanBrickman,
Maybe you want to generate multiple links using some automation thing. That is what I can assume here.
To do this you can take help from excel or other editing tool.

• 1.Create a embedded data field in survey that will capture/store unique respondent or customer ID.

• 2.Just use live survey link(Which comes just after you click distribution) as a base link and pass above mentioned data field in survey link for example like: https://randomesurvey.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_wederi0OFug3xY?&rid=XXXX Where "rid" is embedded variable and "xxxx" can be replaced with unique values.

• You can now use any editing tool like excel to create multiple unique links.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@dipeshsingh
I appreciate the reply. I am more so looking to do this on "as needed" bases. Meaning I might need to create 1-5 surveys per day and one at a time.
I do not see "Live Survey Link" in the Distribution tab, could it be called something else, perhaps "anonymous survey”? Anonymous has the below information:
Get an anonymous survey link
Paste this reusable link into emails or onto a website; it can’t be tracked, and can’t be used to identify respondents.
If this is what you are referring to?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Let me detail out exactly what I am looking to accomplish.
Environment: There is lets say a pool of 100,000 users (customers) and on any given day one or two customers need to fill out a survey. Each of those surveys need to be shareable/visible to multiple users. For example an end customer and my company sales person both need to have access to they survey so they can both contribute by adding/updating information to the survey. Additionally the same user (customer) may need to have multiple in process/open surveys at any given time. I am using the survey in more of a data collection form sense then a traditional survey.
Current State: The only way I know how to currently generate unique survey link/URL that allow for a link to be visible to multiple users is to generate a unique link via an email distribution. This requires me to have to log into Qualtrics and compose an email for each occurrence (not efficient). There are so many customers and users that it is not possible to have a Contacts List.
Requirements: A survey that allows for multiple users to access, fill out / add information to the survey. A survey that allow users to have more than one open/in progress survey (each unique) at a time. A survey URL that has a unique identifier such as the customer name or a reference number.
What I am wanting to know is if the following can be done: Have a standard base URL for a survey but be able to add something to the end of the URL manually to make it unique. This way I do not have to go into Qualtrics and manually generate a unique link by composing an email.
For example, lets say the "Anonymous" link provided in Qualtrics is the base URL. I then manually take that URL link, add the customer name to the end of the link and it becomes a unique link that is shareable/visible to multiple users and I do not have to go into Qualtrics.
I hope this explains in detail what I am looking for, please ask questions. Any help is most appreciated, I have been trying to figure this out for over a year.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@MatthewM I appreciate all your responses and input, I would love to get your thoughts on this post, specifically my last post details out what I am trying to go. Thanks in advanced.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/53658#Comment_53658Hey RyanBrickman
Yes, I was refering to "Anonymous" link. You can use this link as a base link and append embedded variable name at the end such as: "user_name=xxx" or "UserID=1234". But for doing this you must create this vareiable at top in the survey follow.

Leave a Reply