Formatting Pick, Group, and Rank questions | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi friends! I am reaching out for some support related to custom formatting for the Pick, Group, and Rank questions, specifically when using the drag and drop functionality.

I've seen a bunch of posts in the forums that are similar, but my expertise with CSS is admittedly very limited so I'll need a little more hand-holding here.

As you can see from the attached picture, I've been able to get some of what I want done, but I've mostly broken it and made it worse.

!

I'm trying to figure out which attributes will affect the blue line (bucket width), red line (I'm calling it "bucket text width"), and the green line (space between buckets). I was also unsuccessful in changing the font attributes at all, so would love help there (especially in overriding the theme that we'll be using for this specific question, if that's possible). I'm specifically hoping to change font weight, type, and size. It'd be especially great if I could change part of the bucket text, but not all of it (so in the picture, if I could have "Expert" remain the font it is, but then everything after change). I'm unsure if that's possible in the format of the question type itself.

I'm certain this is fairly old hat for someone with the expertise, so if there is really good documentation somewhere I'll take that too, but so far I haven't had much luck adjusting the other help threads to fit my needs.

Thank you!
Hey @straister ,

About formatting the text, you can do that in the question itself using Rich content Editor and the same changes will be reflected in the bucket.
Thanks @Sona , I did finally have success adjusting the text directly (though I'll flag that for groups, there isn't a rich content editor, so I had to use in-line css, which was fine.) I think I've gotten the question to a point where it's at least answerable, but I'd love to find out if folks have guidance for the css formatting of the groups themselves. When I was fooling around in the inspector I found a lot of similar attributes that would cause unexpected issues when I would adjust.

Does anyone have a way to make the buckets smaller/narrower and allow for wider text on the answer options to be dragged?

Leave a Reply