Historical comparisons based on current hierarchy without mapping 10k EEs | XM Community
Question

Historical comparisons based on current hierarchy without mapping 10k EEs

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Is there a support article or basecamp course that explains how to show historical survey results in a dashboard based on a manager’s current hierarchy instead of the hierarchy in place at the time the prior surveys were distributed?  

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey @gingersauz !

You may find the article on mapping hierarchies helpful? https://www.qualtrics.com/support/employee-experience/creating-ee-project/participants-tab/org-hierarchies/hierarchy-tools/map-org-hierarchy-units-ee/

Badge

Hey @gingersauz !

Please refer to the link that EricT shared above and look at the “MAPPING OPTIONS”. Here, please select “Org hierarchy in current project”. Hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

I want to set up 2 hierarchies in an engagement survey...one based on the org hierarchy in the current project, and one based on the hierarchy in the “last” project.  According to the below excerpt from a support article, I should be able to create both of these in versions in the same project using the same fields...no recommended, but still doable.  Does anyone know if this capability has changed because the Mgr ID meta field I used in the first hierarchy doesn’t appear in my selection list for the second parent/child hierarchy I want to create.  I know how to add a second field, but don’t want to do that if I don’t have to.

Can I use the same metadata field to build multiple org hierarchies in the same project?×

Technically you can use the same fields to generate multiple hierarchies, but we don't recommend it. For example, if you need to make changes to one hierarchy, but not the other, it'll be impossible to separate those changes if they're using the same fields.

Instead, we recommend having different fields for each hierarchy you want to build. For example, instead of only including the columns UniqueIdentifier and Manager ID with every participant, maybe you also include columns named EmployeeID2 and ManagerID2, which you'll use to build a second, separate hierarchy.

Leave a Reply