A Qualtrics Bug? Very odd Survey Flow: Started once => exited twice | XM Community
Question

A Qualtrics Bug? Very odd Survey Flow: Started once => exited twice

• 17 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

If one respondent starts  a survey only once, it should exit only once (and not twice) . Correct?
Suppose I have email trigger(s). An email trigger only clicks (i.e. triggers) on a survey exit. So, only one triggered email message should be sent out.
Now, if I have two or more email triggers, only one triggered email message should still be sent out. Because the survey will still exit only once.
When testing, I occasionally noticed the following very odd behavior:
Another (second)  triggered email message is sent out 10-30 minutes after the first is sent out. Even though one respondent has started a survey only once.
I believe that the composition of the survey flow should not matter, but I will provide some details, just to be specific. In my survey, I have two email triggers:
1st email trigger is conditional on answer 'Yes' of Question 35.
2d email trigger is conditional on answer 'No' of the same Question 35.
After Question 35, the survey flow splits into two main branches and, after that,  there are more additional branches with multiple "End of Survey" elements.
However many branches are there, with however many "End of Survey" elements, whether being conditional on Question 35 or not, the email triggers may only click on an survey exit.
So, for any one survey, it always should be no more than one email trigger click if one respondent has started a survey only once. Correct?
Am I observing a major Qualtrics bug?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi Alex_WLU forgive me if you've thought of all these, but...
-Are there any actions (not triggers) set up?
-Are you sure there are only two triggers set up?
-Are you sure that the two triggers are mutually exclusive...i.e., it's not possible to select both yes and no?
-Are you certain that a respondent who received two emails only responded once?
Beyond those things, I can't think of a reason why multiple emails would go out and might suggest you submit it to support.

Leave a Reply