Can I use personal links as identifiers? | XM Community
Question

Can I use personal links as identifiers?

• 28 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Dear Community,

Can I use personal links as identifiers, or so to speak IDs of the respondents? I would like see what an individual using her personal link answered in the survey. 

Is it possible?

Best,

Kor

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +31

Yes, the personal link maintains all the contact information you have on that user (without the user see it), including any embedded data you might want to include. 

Badge +1

Thank you for your answer @Radam !

Does this mean that I can identify every answer of the individual who uses her Qualtrics personal link to this particular link?

Example:

Link1 Q1:y, Q2:blue etc

Link2: Q1:n, Q2:green etc

How and where can I view or configure this?

I'm conducting a pre-study on a different survey platform, and the only link between the pre-study and the Qualtrics survey is the personal link. Is it possible to match responses in the Qualtrics survey to those in the pre-study using the personal link as an identifier?

Is there a better solution for this? I'm still a Qualtrics beginner, so I appreciate your assistance!

Best,
Kor

Userlevel 5
Badge +31

The short answer: yes

The detailed descriptions can be found here about what a personal link is and how to use it: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/email-distribution/personal-links/

Finally, using Qualtrics email distribution it automatically creates the personal link, emails the survey, tracks the emails (bounces, opened, clicked, survey started, survey complete...), and gives you the who said what details you seem to be looking for.  here is the documentation for that: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/email-distribution/emails-overview/

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@Surveykor

When you generate personal links it is same as the individual links so you would be able to use Survey metadata to track each person's data via that link.

In your survey flow include these embedded data as mentioned below and you should have unique Id’s to link each person to data recorded. Post which you can see it in Data and Analysis Tab.

• Q_URL
  • ContactID

Hope it helps!

Leave a Reply