Complex Skip/Display Logic Help | XM Community
Question

Complex Skip/Display Logic Help

• 29 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Everyone! I have a complex skip/display logic I need to implement and am having trouble doing so. You can find the question and logic below:

Q12. Can you please specify which types (Check all That Apply)

1. Partnerships with HS, Technical Schools, or Universities
  2. Job Training Programs
  3. Apprenticeship Programs
  4. Mentoring Programs
  5. Internships
  6. Tuition or Financial Assistance for Academic Courses
  7. Other Programs
  8. None

IF ANSWER TO Q12 INCLUDES RESPONSE #5, PROCEED TO Q13-15; THEN SKIP TO Q17

IF ANSWER TO Q12 DOES NOT INCLUDE RESPONSE #5; SKIP TO Q17

Any and all help would be great. Thanks!

---BH

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @BradleyHoush ,

This should be doable with just one Display Logic condition; I would avoid Skip Logic altogether here.

In each of Q13, Q14 and Q15, the Display Logic condition would be: “Q12 #5 Is Selected”.

You would not have to set up Display Logic to skip Q13-15 when Q12 #5 is not selected because the above condition automatically takes care of it.

I’m assuming that the display of Q16 is handled by another condition not shown, but if I’m missing something or this is unclear, let me know.

Userlevel 6
Badge +52

Hello @BradleyHoush is just hoy Matthew mentioned, if you need to see an example I simulated what you are trying to to in this https://vocesandbox.yul1.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/previewId/e4a5985c-fe12-46fe-b6e8-dd3c4bc58ac5/SV_ddtJtrWi8R4q5uK?Q_CHL=preview&Q_SurveyVersionID=current.
I would put Q13-Q15-Q14 in one same block and apply the logic to the block, instead of doing it one by one.

You can apply to Q13-Q14-Q15 this logic or…

or like this to the entire survey block

You would have to add a logic to Q16

and none logic to Q17.

Hope it works :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @BradleyHoush ,

This should be doable with just one Display Logic condition; I would avoid Skip Logic altogether here.

In each of Q13, Q14 and Q15, the Display Logic condition would be: “Q12 #5 Is Selected”.

You would not have to set up Display Logic to skip Q13-15 when Q12 #5 is not selected because the above condition automatically takes care of it.

I’m assuming that the display of Q16 is handled by another condition not shown, but if I’m missing something or this is unclear, let me know.

Hi Matthew, Q16 is supplemented with a Skip logic from Q11. I am still having some trouble this is unfortunately. Does the skip logic from Q11 have anything to do with that?

Leave a Reply