Creating hidden variables, setting quota counts and limits.... | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have some questions about creating hidden variables, setting up quotas to ensure I don't collect more than I need, and also to ensure ratio of Group A, B is even when I randomly assign them to rate one of the product concepts.
Let’s say there are two subgroups I want to create; I also want to set up a quota on each of those subgroup on the backend. Lastly, I want to test 4 product concepts, but will randomly assign 1 of the 4 to each individual.
For example,
Q1. How often do you visit Store X?
-       Once a week (Group A)
-       Twice a week (Group A)
-       Three times a week (Group B)
-       Four times a week (Group B)
-       Five times a week (Group B)
Part 1. Depending on what they choose, I want to put people into Group A or Group B. I want to create a hidden variable, Q2, with 1=Group A, 2=Group B.
Part 2. I want to set a number limit on Group A (n=400), and Group B (n=400).
Part 3. The last piece is… I want to randomly assign one of the four product concepts, so each person only sees one concept. When I do this, how can I balance Group A/Group B quota for each concept?
question.JPG

Since each concept count should be 200 and equally divided in two groups, the quota count for each group should be 400 and not 200.
So, use quota to set Group A (n=400), and Group B (n=400) logic.
Use 2 randomizer one for each group and check the evenly present 1 option of randomizer. The randomizer will automatically assign 100 for each concept for each group.

Right. I edited the counts in my original post. I am fairly new so I don’t even know how to create a hidden variable. Is that a JS? And the randomizer, would i be then setting that up in survey flow?

Leave a Reply