Displaying a "Fact-Sheet" To participants | XM Community
Skip to main content
Question

Displaying a "Fact-Sheet" To participants

• 1 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,
I am developing a series of surveys to test design elements of a patient decision aid displaying facts about medical treatment options. I was hoping to design it so that I can show participants taking the survey either a PDF or image file of elements of the decision-aid, side-by-side with asking them questions about it, so they can easily reference the design elements while answering questions.
Is there way to embed this as a second "column" or data-pane on the left hand side of the screen, or to have a link that displays the PDF when users hover over it with their mouse? Trying to avoid making them keep scrolling back up to the top of the page to reference the design elements.
Thank you!
-JR

If you search the forums, there are a few questions related to making an item stick to the top of the. Perhaps that would be something which you could use.

You could just upload the file as a PDF to Qualtrics. Your participants could open the PDF in a new window (or tab), and then they could arrange the PDF and survey windows/tabs on their screen however they like - which could certainly be side by side. That would be up to the respondent.
I would be interested to hear if anyone else had a way to make a second column to display something throughout the survey, though!

Thanks for the suggestions all. Will look into the PDF upload option. I wonder if others who have done that in the past have issues with respondents not wanting to download files to their computer, may also be an issue on mobile.

Leave a Reply