Drill down question - import choices error | XM Community
Skip to main content

I am trying to create a drill-down question about height, where participants can select units (centimeters or feet-inches) in the first step, and then their height in these units in the next step.

I have prepared a CSV file with possible choices, but when I import it using “Import choices”, I see an error: “ File is the incorrect type.”

I am sure that the file is in the correct format and the import setting are correct. It is a csv file in UTF-8 format that looks like this (not real answers):

cm,160
cm,170
cm,180
ft,4
ft,5
ft,6

Interestingly, I receive the same error when I follow instrucitons from the Qualtrics website for creating a drill-down question about cars (year-make-model) using the example file from the website.

Any help on how to import the choices would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello @kubato,

If your file is in CSV format UTF-8, it should work properly. However, sometimes errors occur due to bugs or glitches. I suggest trying to add or import the file again. If the issue persists, please reach out to Qualtrics support for assistance.

Let me know if this helps.

I was able to solve the problem, with help from Qualtrics.

It seems to be my web browser (Firefox) that did not allow me to upload these files to Qualtrics.

I was able to import them in Edge.

Many thanks to Josh Jones from Qualtrics support team for his help.

Leave a Reply