Generating Link(s) for Individuals to Respond Anonymously | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello, I’m new here and would really appreciate some help from the professionals.

I work at a university and a faculty member reached out regarding setting up individualized links for the survey for each respondent. They want the survey responses to remain confidential/anonymous, while also preventing duplicate responses from the same person.

We have emails of where the links should be sent to, but I wanted to see if there was a way to generate only one link (that uses the above details) to send out to respondents. That way, it would make it easier, more concise, and save time while creating/sending multiple links.

If my question doesn’t make sense, or if you need further clarification, please let me know and I am happy to provide what details I can.

Any help is appreciated!

You should turn on ‘Anonymize responses’ under Survey Options → Security, and send out email invitations through Qualtrics as you normally would.

You should turn on ‘Anonymize responses’ under Survey Options → Security, and send out email invitations through Qualtrics as you normally would.

TomG, thank you for the swift response! I do have those options you mention selected. The confidential identification of the respondent is taken care of… I believe their issue is more focused on creating the links for each respondent, while making sure they are only able to submit once (no matter what browser they’re in, clearing their cookies, etc.).

The faculty member expressed concerns of how time consuming generating links for each individual was. Is there a way to just send one link to all potential respondents while also keeping duplicate responses out?

@dladner Try Prevent multiple submissions, same place Survey Options → Security

@dladner Try Prevent multiple submissions, same place Survey Options → Security

Thank you! I have that setting selected as well. :)

@dladner,

Set the following survey options:

• Responses → Allow respondents to finish later
  • Security → Invitation only
  • Security → Anonymize responses

Distribute via email invitation.  Individual links will automatically be generated.  Respondents will only be able to take the survey once, they will be able to switch devices/browser and continue where they left off, and their personal info won’t be recorded.

@dladner,

Set the following survey options:

• Responses → Allow respondents to finish later
  • Security → Invitation only
  • Security → Anonymize responses

Distribute via email invitation.  Individual links will automatically be generated.  Respondents will only be able to take the survey once, they will be able to switch devices/browser and continue where they left off, and their personal info won’t be recorded.

Thank you, TomG! I will implement these settings and see if it works.

Leave a Reply