How to pass Response URL to a third-party system? | XM Community
Question

How to pass Response URL to a third-party system?

• 18 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I’m trying to determine how to pass the Response URL to a third-party system. We have an in-house system we use to distribute the survey results to various internal teams, and would like to be able to pass the Response URL so that employees will be able to see the entire response.

I’ve seen the post titled “How can I pass the response ID to a third-party system?”, but it doesn’t seem to resolve this issue for me.

Has anyone done this successfully? 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

@ChrisLawton ,

I can see the response by Iilliac back in 2021, and it is a bit fuzzy. Perhaps because your use case is a bit different than the answer for that response.

I can see this being done in a couple of ways, Workflows probably being my approach of choice. If I were to do this, I would create a workflow to trigger and send the “response URL” in an email. This is where Illiac’s response comes in handy. You will need that code snippet to do this in approach I am aware of. (${e://Field/ResponseID}) 

How comfortable are you with Javascript? You could use a custom “End of Survey” element to your Survey flow with Javascript to extract the response URL from the browser’s address bar. 

Lastly, there are always Web Service Calls, or APIs. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @ThomasW_IronMountain - thank you so much for your response! I personally am not comfortable with Javascript, but can pull in my IT team. I’ll dig into this further with them as a possible solution. Thanks again!

Leave a Reply