Invalid display logic should be valid | XM Community
Solved

Invalid display logic should be valid

Badge +3

Hey All!

I have a Qualtrics study with several treatment groups and two decision tables. Depending on the choice in the decision table, participants will then be shown their payment. This works perfectly with the full set of treatment groups.

Yet, now we decided to drop two treatment groups and all of the sudden Qualtrics indicates invalid dispay logics for the payments depending on the decision table, which are not conditioned on the dropped questions.

I use auto-numbering of questions and checked the questions numbers in the display logic. Everything is correct and I don’t know understand the invalid display logic warning.

Is it possible that Qualtrics discovered another problem and wrongly assignes the problem to in fact correct questions?

icon

Best answer by Sachin Nandikol 17 June 2024, 17:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hello @lamori,

If you’re getting 'Invalid display logic' error it means that the deleted question still has some kind of reference in your logic. This reference might not be direct. it could also be an indirect reference. Please check if any display logic related to the question you deleted is now showing as invalid after its removal. Fix your logic once again and then try.

Let me know if this helps.

Badge +3

Hey @Sachin Nandikol,

Thank you for your response.

I dont see any relation to the deleted question to the one that now shows the ‘invalid display logic’ - also not in the survey flow. I tried several previews with then different randomization and everything looks good.

Seems to be that there is a bug. Could I simply ignore ignore this error message?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hey @Sachin Nandikol,

Thank you for your response.

I dont see any relation to the deleted question to the one that now shows the ‘invalid display logic’ - also not in the survey flow. I tried several previews with then different randomization and everything looks good.

Seems to be that there is a bug. Could I simply ignore ignore this error message?

You can ignore it if everything is working fine, but I suggest not to. If it’s a bug, that’s one thing. But what if it’s an issue, it could cause problems in the future. Try to get in touch with Qualtrics support to see if we missed anything. Please inform me of any updates you receive from them.

Leave a Reply