Multiple versions of the same question in different blocks | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Multiple versions of the same question in different blocks

• 5 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi all,
I want to conduct a survey for students, but most of the questions will be slightly different depending on if they attended school in-person, online, or a hybrid of the two. For example, there is a Survey Block about harassment, and in that Block...

• We'd ask the In-Person people "How often did you experience physical harassment at school?"

• We'd ask the Hybrid people, "How often did you experience physical harassment while attending school in person?"

• And we wouldn't ask the Online people about physical harassment at all

• But, in all 3 versions of that Survey Block, we would want to ask all 3 groups an identical question about how often they experienced online harassment.

What is the best way to make this happen? I wanted to avoid having to create multiple surveys / ending up with multiple datasets. I also wanted to avoid having to merge multiple variables, if possible.
My plan was to create three different versions of each Survey Block, and use Survey Flow to direct respondents to the appropriate blocks. But in the above example, is it possible do that and have Qualtrics return a dataset with one physical harassment variable, and one online harassment variable, that include responses from all 3 groups? Is there a better way to go about this? Or this project just going to require merging responses (either variables or datasets) from 3 different groups?

you can create different questions and if your questions are exclusive store data in embedded variable so that you have to use single variable for your analysis purpose.

Thank you! I haven't created embedded data elements before, but that seems like the thing I was looking for.

Leave a Reply