Trying to replicate a contact list trigger function | XM Community
Skip to main content

We have a year long survey for student electives.

Each student will have multiple entries in the directory list  with the only unique field being the "Course ID" (because students can take ~20 electives over time).

We used to use a Contact List Trigger to unsubscribe that one record of the student once they completed an evaluation based on the unique Course ID which is an Embedded data field.  This would stop getting them from getting reminders for any electives they completed but will still allow them for the other courses not yet completed.  Now that triggers is going away I don’t know how to replicate this process.

Any ideas?

We have a year long survey for student electives.

Each student will have multiple entries in the directory list  with the only unique field being the "Course ID" (because students can take ~20 electives over time).

We used to use a Contact List Trigger to unsubscribe that one record of the student once they completed an evaluation based on the unique Course ID which is an Embedded data field.  This would stop getting them from getting reminders for any electives they completed but will still allow them for the other courses not yet completed.  Now that triggers is going away I don’t know how to replicate this process.

Any ideas?

Did you trying using survey level workflow - > on survey response → add xm directory task → add to directory option → check the update contact and unsubscribe contact option. this will opt out the student from a particular list once they answer the survey

Thank you Eumetis!  This was very helpful especially after being told by support that workflows could not replicate what I did in contact list triggers.  I actually passed this back on to the person who told me this.  Appreciate your fast answer since I’m not too familiar with workflow functionality yet.  Have a great day!

Leave a Reply