unique end of survey message based on participant answer choices? | XM Community
Solved

unique end of survey message based on participant answer choices?

• 23 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi Everyone.
My goal is to create a screening tool for participants. I have about 10 different questions about various topics. For example:
Question 1. How would you describe your mental health
a. good
b. okay
c. bad
If a respondent answers "bad" to this question, I would like the end of survey message to say "It sounds like you could use help with [mental health resources]". Ideally, there would be a list with all the needs a respondent screened positive for (e.g "It sounds like you could use help with [mental health resources], [food security], [finding employment]. My initial thought would be rename the variable "bad" to be "mental health resources" and pipe this renamed variable, but you cannot pipe renamed variables. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Kate 23 April 2021, 22:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Simply use the survey flow.

At the end of your survey flow, create a branch based on each question option. Below each, add an "End Survey" Block. On that Block select "customize" to add any ending message you would like.

image.png
image.png

I need to do the same thing as bfr24 . I tried your suggestion Kate, but it's not working for some reason. The question that the branching is based on is in a block. When I satisfy the branching condition and hit the next button it keeps going to the next question instead of the end of the survey as coded in the survey flow. Below is my survey flow. Can anyone spot what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks!!
flow.PNG

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

mmansy It looks like it should work to me. I would try: 1) Publishing your survey. Perhaps the change simply was never pushed live? 2) Refreshing your account- this is sort of a "turn it off and back on again" kind of solution that clears up a weird number of things. If those fail you, I would contact support for more direct support; it looks like it should be working.

Thanks, Kate!Turns out it does the branching when the end of the block is reached. For some reason, I thought it would branch when the branching condition is reached. So if the condition is based on a certain selection in Q5 (out of 7question) then it would execute the branch logic right there without advancing to Q6 and Q7. I moved Q6 and 7 to a different block and got it to work that way.
Thanks a lot, y'all!

Leave a Reply